The Monagan Law Firm, PC
Divorce view
Spousal Support view
Child Custody view
Child Support view
Adoption view

What happens after support judgments are issued and the owing party refuses to pay?

  • Maintaingo Support
  •   None

An order of support or a judgment after divorce that incorporates a support terms is enforceable in family court. A party subject to a divorce decree can return to the Supreme Court that issued the judgment of divorce for enforcement. A written violation of support application or petition must be filed with the court. The support can be enforced by the court issuing a wage deduction order. The order will direct that support be deducted directly out of a paycheck, including additional sums for any past unpaid support. If support arrears accumulate to a certain point, a person’s driver’s license can be suspended, bank accounts seized and frozen and liens imposed against vehicles and real property.

Copyright 2017 - 2020 The Monagan Law Firm, PC

Be the first to write a comment.

Your feedback